Multi-layer farming : The Why and the how.
06 Aug, 2020
It is a type of intercropping that involves growing of plants at different heights on the same field at the same time. This method of cropping is mostly practised in orchards and plantations.
The method came into practice to have good utilisation of available land as well as solar energy. Those plants are planted at the top which requires more sunlight and is less prone to transpiration while those require to shed and high humidity are situated at the bottom.
Process of Multilayer Farming
● The method involves the use of a multilayer seed sowing method in which vegetables and fruits are sown in the deep middle or topmost region based on their favorable conditions.
● The seeds of various creepers like bottle guard, the bitter guard are sown in small pits along with the mixture of organic manure and soil.
● Several farmyard manure, leaf-based liquids are applied for proper growth and to maintain the health of crops.
● There should be mixed Cultivation in multilayer farming like leguminous crops should be planted along with non-leguminous crops. Deep-rooted crops should be mixed with shallow-rooted crops.
● Crops like sweet potato and elephant foot yam should be mixed with leafy crops.
Benefits of Multilayer Farming
● Multilayer Farming sustains the cash flow. As multiple crops avail farmer to remail financially capable throughout the year.
● Also, it employs a lot of people for the entire year.
● It also reduces the impact of heavy rainfall, landslides and soil erosion.
● Multiple crops require multiple nutrients and hence soil gets enriched with numerous nutrients increasing its fertility.
● Multiple crops also enhance biodiversity which indirectly helps to prevent crop attacks of weeds, pests and several other crop diseases.
● Water retention capacity of the soil improves by this method.
● The farming method maintains ecological balance in the environment.
Multilayer Farming is a very useful farming method for farmers having a small piece of land. Moreover, it gives a satisfactory amount of income to farmers throughout the year. Also, the chances of crop failure degrade due to multiple cropping. Therefore, one should try this sustainable agricultural method and get benefitted. Specially plantation crops like Coconut, Areca nut, Coffee, and Cashew receive high benefits from multi-layer farming and you can try your hands at this. The method will maximize the proper utilization of resources with higher efficiency.
जानिये किन फ़ीचर से मिलकर बनता है ढुलाई स्पेशल ट्रैक्टर?
आज़ादी के बाद से पहली बार पंजाब में सरकार ने खरीदा इतना गेहूं।
भारत में टॉप 5 टायर ब्रांड 2021
|Top 10 Tractor brands in india||To 10 Agro Based Indutries in India|
|Rabi Crops and Zaid Crops seasons in India||Commercial Farming|
|DBT agriculture||Traditional and Modern Farming|
|Top 9 mileage tractor in India||Top 5 tractor tyres brands|
|Top 11 agriculture states in India||top 13 powerful tractors in india|
|Tractor Subsidy in India||Top 10 tractors under 5 Lakhs|
|Top 12 agriculture tools in India||40 Hp-50 Hp Tractors in India|
सोनालीका डीआई 750 III सिकंदर : 4 इंजन सिलेंडर के साथ देता है दमदार माइलेज
सोनालीका ट्रैक्टर निर्माण में एक अग्रणी कंपनी है। सोनालीका भारत में सर्वश्रेष्ठ ट्रैक्टरों और इंजनों...
पॉवर ट्रैक यूरो 50 पावरहाउस : 2000 कि.ग्रा वजन उठाने की क्षमता वाला दमदार ट्रैक्टर
पॉवरट्रैक भारत में भरोसेमंद ब्रांडों में से एक है। पॉवरट्रैक एस्कॉर्ट समूह का ट्रैक्टर हैं। पॉव...
DBT Agriculture Registration, Schemes and Benefits in 2023
It’s time for farmers to avail benefits from the DBT agriculture scheme. Let's uncover its...