24 Jul, 2023
If you are looking for more organic and environmentally friendly components to use in your day-to-day farming, you might need Biofertilizers to add to your routine.
Biofertilizers are fertilizers that contain living microorganisms, which help increase the fertility and growth of plants when added to the soil. Not only does the use of Biofertilizers promote the growth of healthy crops but also prevents the development of infectious bacteria.
In simpler words, biofertilizers are biological fertilizers that use living organisms present in the fertilizers to break down toxic residues, making it easier for them to be absorbed into the soil. Not only this, but Biofertilizers are also easy on your pockets, help in the betterment of the soil, promote growth, and improve fertility, all at a cost that you can easily afford.
Biofertilizers have gained massive popularity in recent times, all thanks to the benefits that they have. The switch from chemical fertilizers to biofertilizers cannot happen in an instant; you must have proper knowledge about biofertilizers before adding them to your farming regime. Given its popularity, the internet can surely be a misleading place to start your research, but not when you have Tractor Gyan for your aid. In this blog, you will find all the information about biofertilizers in just the right amount because we believe in delivering only the necessary information.
There are four types of biofertilizers, and each one is suitable for a particular type of crop. The list is as follows:
1. Bacterial Biofertilizers: Bacterial Biofertilizers are biofertilizers that use live organisms as fertilizers, which helps improve the nitrogen in the atmosphere. The fertilizers that come under Bacterial Biofertilizers are Rhizobium Biofertilizer, Azospirillum Biofertilizer, Azotobacter Biofertilizer, and Phosphobacteria Biofertilizer. And the crops for which Bacterial Biofertilizer can be used are: Pulses, Groundnuts, soybeans; Maize, Barley, Oats, Sorghum, Sugarcane, rice, Dry Land crops and much more
2. Algal Biofertilizers: Algal biofertilizers use living microorganisms like algae. It is very beneficial since adding algal biofertilizers to the crops can increase crop productivity by 10–14%, and it is also eco-friendly and pocket-friendly. Algal Biofertilizers include Blue-green Algae and Azolla. Algal Biofertilizers can be used for crops such as: Rice, wetlands, etc.
3. Fungal Biofertilizers: Fungal Biofertilizers include Mycorrhizal fungi, which are responsible for promoting the growth of healthier crops. This particular fungus is considered a fertilizer because it provides the host plant with ample minerals, nutrients, etc., and hence is considered a natural fertilizer. The Fungal Biofertilizers include only mycorrhizal, and the crops for which they are used are: Trees, crops, and some ornamental plants such as trees, shrubs, aquatic plants, climbers, and so on
4. Acitinimycetes Biofertilizers: Acitinimycetes Biofertilizers are considered one of the best kinds of biofertilizers because they use methods like nitrogen fixation, phosphate solubilization, etc. Acitinimycetes Biofertilizers promote the growth of crops as well as protect plants from pathogens. Frankia comes under Acitinimycetes Biofertilizers. Acitinimycete Biofertilizers are mainly used for fuel wood, crop protection, timber wood, etc.
Biofertilizers are used for the overall betterment of the crops, be it for their health or production quantity. The uses of Biofertilizers are:
- Seedling Root Tip: Seeding Root Tip is one of the primary applications or uses of biofertilizers. In this method, seedlings are dipped in water for about 8 to 10 hours.
- Seed Treatment: Biofertilizers are used for improving crops, and it begins at the very primary stage, which is seed sowing. Seed Treatment ensures that the seeds sown are healthy since healthy seeds turn into healthy crops. And using biofertilizers for seed treatment. It is done by dipping seeds in a mixture of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers; these seeds get sown after being dried as soon as possible.
- Soil Treatment: Biofertilizers, when used for Soil treatment, have massive effects when they are mixed with compost fertilizers, kept overnight, and then spread across the soil where the seeds are supposed to be sown.
- Crop Residual: Biofertilizers are one of the most organic ways of managing crop residuals thanks to the living microorganisms in the compost.
- Green Manure: Sesbania, a flowering plant, is used as green manure or biofertilizer. Biofertilizers are the best kind of green manure since they have fewer harmful components.
- Treated sewage sludge: Sewage Sludge is treated with biofertilizers because biofertilizers have chlorella vulgaris, which is responsible for toxic pollutants. Additionally, biofertilizers are cost-effective.
- Farmyard manure: Biofertilizer, when used for farmyard manure, helps to a great degree thanks to the natural compost agents present in it, which break down particles, making it easier for composting.
The overall benefit of using biofertilizers is that they improve the health of crops. But apart from this, there are various other benefits to using Biofertilizers.
- Biofertilizers increase crop yield by 20–30%. By providing ample nutrients to the crops.
- Biofertilizers replace chemical nitrogen and phosphorus content by 25%, which makes sure that the crops are healthy.
- It greatly prevents plant growth.
- It activates soil biologically since it has living microorganisms that go into the soil and activate it.
- Biofertilizers restore the soil’s natural fertility.
- And lastly, Biofertilizers protect from soil diseases and drought.
Biofertilizers are essential for the great health of the crops. Other important items include:
- Biofertilizers improve soil fertility, texture, and yield for plants. So that the new batch of crops can be grown healthier after the previous one is harvested.
- Biofertilizers do not let pathogens develop in the soil, preventing any disease from occurring.
- Biofertilizers save money and are environmentally friendly. As they are considered natural fertilizers, they are more cost-efficient, good for nature, and nature-friendly.
- Biofertilizers save the environment from pollutants since they reduce 25% of phosphate and turn out to be better for the environment than chemical fertilizers.
- There are many deadly substances present in the soil that can cause plant disease. Ensuring the overall health of the soil as well as the plants.
- And last but not least, biofertilizers are proven to be effective even in semi-arid conditions.
Ever since biofertilizers were introduced, they have proven to be good for the environment and the farmers in all aspects of agriculture, be it in terms of Monterey measures or cost-efficiency. In terms of soil health, biofertilizers make sure that the soil’s health stays intact and germ-free. Biofertilizers are biological fertilisers that have living organisms in them, and additionally, they work in semi-arid areas as well.
Speaking of scope, Biofertilizers have been shown to have varied effects on different environments as well as within the same environment. They have shown promising effects in dry environments; however, the same cannot be said about other environments. This is the one problem that scientists are still working to resolve. In spite of this minor setback, Biofertilizers indeed have promising growth in the foreseen future.
In conclusion, Biofertilizers are a great option for farmers and the environment alike. They are cost-efficient, natural, and environmentally friendly. Furthermore, they are effective in semi-arid conditions, making them a great solution for farmers in dry regions. With more research, Biofertilizers have the potential to revolutionize the agricultural industry.
Tractor Gyan is an expert-led platform that aims to empower Indian farmers by providing accurate and timely information, and technological advancement about tractors and farm equipment in India.
TractorGyan helps farmers with New Tractor information, Compare Tractors, Tractor prices, Buying and selling of second-hand tractors, Tractor Insurance, Tractor Finance, Tractor tyre, Tractor Implements, Tractor EMI calculator, and more.
On our Platform, we have information about leading brands :
- In Tyres like MRF, Ceat, Apollo etc.
- In Tractor Finance like Mahindra Finance, TVS Finance, Etc.
- In Tractor Implements like Shaktiman, Fieldking, Landforce, Khedut, etc.
- In Tractor Insurance like Mahindra Finance, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, etc.
TractorGyan is Helping India mechanize by delivering crucial information about tractor buying and guiding farmers at every step so that they get a tractor or farm equipment that empowers and equips them to produce quality yield.
Top 10 Profitable Summer Vegetables for Indian Farmers
The top 10 summer vegetables that are both profitable and ideal for Indian farmers. In this guide, you will learn about summer season vegetables in In...
5 HP to 12 HP Mini Tractors: Every farmer Should Know
Get ready to discover the underappreciated marvels of the Indian tractor market in 2023. This comprehensive guide sheds light on the lesser-known unde...
Permaculture Farming: Know about its Principles & Benefits
Permaculture Farming is an excellent example of nature being the ultimate provider. If someone is looking up for a way of producing foods with nature ...
Biofertilizers are fertilizers containing living microorganisms that enhance soil fertility and promote plant growth while preventing the development of harmful bacteria.
There are four types of biofertilizers:
1. Bacterial Biofertilizers
2. Algal Biofertilizers
3. Fungal Biofertilizers
4. Actinomycetes Biofertilizers
Biofertilizers work by releasing essential nutrients to plants, either by fixing atmospheric nitrogen or by solubilizing soil phosphorus.
Biofertilizers have many benefits, including:
1. They can improve soil health and fertility.
2. Increase crop yields.
3. Reduce the need for chemical fertilizers.
4. Environmentally friendly.
Biofertilizers should be stored in a cool, dry place. They should not be exposed to direct sunlight or heat.
|Top 10 Tractor brands in india||To 10 Agro Based Indutries in India|
|Rabi Crops and Zaid Crops seasons in India||Commercial Farming|
|DBT agriculture||Traditional and Modern Farming|
|Top 9 mileage tractor in India||Top 5 tractor tyres brands|
|Top 11 agriculture states in India||top 13 powerful tractors in india|
|Tractor Subsidy in India||Top 10 tractors under 5 Lakhs|
|Top 12 agriculture tools in India||40 Hp-50 Hp Tractors in India|
भारत में टॉप 10 महिंद्रा ट्रैक्टर प्राइस लिस्ट 2023
पिछले काफी वर्षों से, महिंद्रा किसानों और कृषि से जुडी हर ज़रूरत को पूरा करने वाले ट्रैक्टरों का निर्...
Escorts Kubota Limited Sells 10,861 Tractors in September 2023, Despite 11.2% YoY Decline
Faridabad, October 3rd, 2023: Escorts Kubota Limited Agri Machinery Business Division in September 2...
एस्कॉर्ट्स कुबोटा लिमिटेड की सितम्बर'23 में ट्रैक्टर सेल्स में 11.2% की गिरावट, 10,861 ट्रैक्टर बेचे
एस्कॉर्ट्स्स कुबोटा लिमिटेड एग्री मशीनरी बिजनेस डिवीजन ने हाल ही में सितम्बर 2023 में हुई कुल ट्रैक्...