29 Aug, 2022
Dragon fruit holds a huge name in the market because of its different style design and its cultivation process which makes it go viral.
However, apart from its look dragon fruit comes out to be too healthy to live for eating and grow for.
It has many essential properties and energy-building body-building components which makes dragon fruit different from every other fruit on the market.
In general, it is most well-known in Thailand, Vietnam, Israel, and Sri Lanka, while it is becoming more popular in India. In India, a kilogram of dragon fruit costs between Rs. 150 and Rs. 250. Where there is less likelihood of rain, you will find the largest output of this fruit. Therefore, you can treat the dragon fruit plant like a decorative climbing vine that also bears fruit. Other than for eating fresh, this fruit can be used to make jams, fruit juices, ice creams, jellies, wine, and face packs. This fruit is known by several various names around the world, including pitaya, pitahaya, queen of the night, strawberry pear, and noblewoman.
How to cultivate the Dragon Fruits?
The climatic conditions
One of the main advantages of these crops is that they can thrive in the harshest climates and the dirtiest soils, although they thrive best in tropical climates with an annual rainfall of 40 to 60 cm. The ideal temperature for the crop to grow is thought to be between 20°C and 30°C.
Soil required for Dragon Fruit cultivation
This fruit may be grown in a variety of soils, from clay loam to sandy loam. However, sandy soils with rich organic matter and an ideal drainage system are the best for its cultivation. The ideal pH range for growing dragon fruit is 5.5 to 7.
What is the plantation in Dragon Fruit?
Cuttings are the most typical way to propagate dragon fruits. However, seeds can also be used to spread it. However, the seeds take a very long period and do not retain the traits of the mother plant. The seeds approach is therefore inappropriate if you run a business-oriented dragon fruit farm. Therefore, if you want to fully benefit from growing dragon fruit, you should use plant cuttings from a high-quality mother plant. The 20 cm cuttings should be used for field planting. Furthermore, 2 days before planting, cuttings must be piled.
They can now be planted using a mixture of dry cow dung. You should maintain a 2 × 2-meter space between plants. For the size of the pits, you must dig a hole that is 60 cm x 60 cm x 60 cm. You also need to add dirt, manure, and 100 grams of superphosphate to these pits. One acre of land may support roughly 1700 plants.
How plants are being cut out for dragon cultivation?
Cut the cutting - Dragon fruit trimmings should be divided into three to five pieces. These fragments can all grow into new dragon fruit plants. Keep track of the "up" orientation for each cutting; you'll need to plant them upright for healthy growth, so make sure you do that.
Plant the cuttings - Plant each cutting by burying the base in the dirt about an inch or two and firming the soil up around it to keep it upright and secure. The end of the cutting that is planted in the soil and the end that is closest to the tip of the original branch should be the ones that are closest to the base of the original dragon fruit plant and the direction in which the original branch was growing.
How to take care of the dragon fruit plant
Just growing the dragon fruit is not enough it requires eminent care and utmost responsibility holding for its wear and tears throughout its growth.
1. Use of fertilizer - Organic manure is essential for the healthy growth and development of the dragon fruit plant. Each plant must get at least 10 to 15 kg of organic compost. After that, you must add 2 kg more manure annually. For healthy vegetative growth, it also needs inorganic fertilizers in addition to organic ones. The ratio of potash muriate to superphosphate to urea in the vegetative stage is 40:90:70 grams per plant.
At the fruit-bearing stage, you must also provide a large amount of potash and a low amount of nitrogen. From the blossoming until the harvesting stages, several fertilizers should be used, including Urea: superphosphate: and muriate of potash (50:50:100 grams/plant). This remedy can be administered soon before flowering, during fruit development, and the following harvest. Your farm can become more productive as a result.
2. Pests control should be controlled - Fertilizer should be applied to the land in mounds. Before the actual planting of the dragon fruit plants, 20 kilos of organic fertilizer, 0.5 kilograms of superphosphate, and 1 kilogram of NPK16-16-8 should be applied per 50 postings. 50 grams of urea and 50 grams of phosphate should be applied three times a year for the first year of the plantation stage.
3. Harvesting should be carried out - For the fruit to fully mature, 27–30 days are needed. As soon as the fruit is fully developed, it should be picked because even a wait of four to five days might cause it to decay. Depending on the environment and the farming methods employed, the predicted output per hectare can range from 10 to 30 hectares. Twisting it in a clockwise way and pulling it are two methods of choosing it.
Different types of Dragon fruit
1. Red Dragon Fruit - Slender, tall, creeping cactus that frequently grow on fences, trees, or walls produces red dragon fruit. Red dragon fruits have an exterior that is nearly comparable to the white-fleshed variant. The roughly 10-cm-long, round fruits with vivid colors can weigh up to a pound. Their skin is pink to magenta in color, with overlapping succulent, squishy scales.
2. Green Dragon Fruit - Bruni Green Dragon Fruit produces green dragon fruits. The white, tasty meat on the sweet and savory green tips is appetizing.
3. White Dragon fruit - The flesh is white with tiny, edible black seeds, while the skin is delicate and pinkish pink with scales. It has a texture like that of kiwi and pear fruit with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
4. Yellow Dragon Fruit - In comparison to the more popular red variants, yellow dragon fruit is rectangular in shape and slightly smaller in size. Approximately 10 cm long and 7 cm wide, the fruits.
5. Blue Dragon Fruit - In India, the blue dragon fruit plant bears fruit from April until the end of October. Blue dragon fruit is being harvested.
Benefits of Dragon Fruit
1. It has a lot of fiber and is naturally fat-free. It is a fantastic snack since it can keep you full between meals for a longer period.
2. It might aid in lowering blood sugar. According to researchers, this may be partially attributed to the fact that it replaces destroyed pancreatic cells that produce the hormone insulin, which aids in the body's breakdown of sugar. However, mice, not humans, were used in the investigations. It's unknown how much dragon fruit you would need to consume to reap these advantages.
3. The risk of colon cancer can be decreased by this fruit's anti-cancer characteristics. Its abundant vitamin C content is crucial in enhancing the immune system. A potent antioxidant, vitamin C protects you from developing chronic illnesses including diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cancer, etc.
4. The oligosaccharides (a carbohydrate) found in this fruit are a rich source of healthy bacteria like flora, which promote easy digestion. It has a lot of fiber, which is good for the digestive system and lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
5. Want thick, glossy, black hair? Try mixing 250ml of milk with dragon fruit powder once a day; it will be beneficial. This fruit extract powder's high vitamin content minimizes hair damage from artificial hair coloring and enhances hair texture, leaving hair smooth and glossy. All you must do to see changes is to take this one time every day.
6. The fruit's coloring agent, beta-carotene, helps to shield the eyes from conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. You should have one cup (220 grams) of dragon fruit daily.
Design and types of Brush cutters in India | Tractorgyan
Top 10 Mini Harvester Price & Features in India 2022
Top 10 Goat Breeds & Profitable Goat Farming Business Ideas
Escorts Kubota Limited sold 12,232 tractors in september 2022, Up 38.7% YoY
Faridabad, October 1st, 2022: Escorts Kubota Limited Agri Machinery Segment (Farmtrac tractor, ...
Best Tractors for Agriculture in India 2022 | Tractorgyan
Agriculture is a primary activity carried out in our country nearly, half of the population is engag...
Top 10 Swaraj Tractors Price list in India 2022 | Tractorgyan
Swaraj is a fast-expanding business with a broad range of tractors and farm equipment, solidly ranki...