03 May, 2023
Fertilizers of the right kind can help farmers to increase crop production. DAP or Diammonium Phosphate is one such fertilizer. Best known for its high nutrient contents, DAP fertilizers promote crop growth naturally. Don’t know what all wonders this fertilizer can do? Scroll down and know everything important about DAP.
Let’s start with knowing. It’s a water-soluble fertilizer rich in nitrogen and phosphorus. The fertilizer has a granular structure and is suitable for all the leading crops. It has commonly used in many parts of the world like Saudi Arabia, India, and the United States.
Composition-wise, it features 18% nitrogen and 46% phosphorus. It has the highest phosphorus percentage and is widely used for promoting the yield naturally. The nutrient grade of DAP is 18-46-0, which falls under the high-nutrient grade.
Despite the above-mentioned lucrative benefits, DAP fertilizer is not flawless. It has some evident cons that should be in your knowledge before.
- As it is a nutrient-rich fertilizer, the farmer often uses it in excess. The overfertilization leads to leaf chlorosis and kills many microorganisms present in the soil.
- Just like many other phosphate-based manures, DAP fertilizer increases the water contamination possibilities in the area where it’s used. As phosphorus penetrates the soil, it ties strongly with the soil particles and sticks to them. From there, it enters the groundwater. Also, grass and leaves of DAP-treated plants or crops enter into land water bodies via rainwater and canals. As they enter the water, they promote the growth of fungi and microorganisms. Hence, water pollution happens.
- Once DAP granules start dissolving, ammonium is produced. This ammonium, when absorbed by seedlings, can damage their roots. This causes more damage when DAP fertilizer is used with a pH of more than 7. So, it shouldn’t be used in high quantities near the land where seeds are just planted.
DAP fertilizer is great and is likely to deliver an amazing result, provided you use it correctly. Here is a list of a few important things to keep in mind as you plan to use DAP fertilizer.
DAP fertilizer is alkaline with a high pH value. Hence, it’s important to use it on neutral or acidic soils to experience the desired result. Do soil testing to find out whether the soil is perfect for it.
Know The Right Dose
Excess of everything is bad. You’re recommended to learn the right dose of DAP fertilizer to prevent overfertilization. Every soil has different nutrient requirements. To find the right dose of this fertilizer, the farmer can contact the IFFCO KISAN helpline at 1800-180-1551 from 6.00 A.M. to 10.00 P.M. on all 7 days a week. They can also drop an email at email@example.com.
Know The Right Location To Use It
DAP fertilizer is water-soluble and remains immobile in soil. So, the ideal location to use is where plant roots have enough water supply. Also, understand that its ideal placement is below the seed.
DAP fertilizer is a water-soluble fertilizer helping farmers to promote crop growth, provide adequate nutrients, strengthen the roots, and increase the yield percentage. However, using it in the right manner is important to experience all these results.
Follow the tips that the post shared, stay connected with TractorGyan, and become a smart farmer.
Tractor Gyan is an expert-led platform that aims to empower Indian farmers by providing accurate and timely information, and technological advancement about tractors and farm equipment in India.
TractorGyan helps farmers with New Tractor information, Compare Tractors, Tractor prices, Buying and selling of second-hand tractors, Tractor Insurance, Tractor Finance, Tractor tyre, Tractor Implements, Tractor EMI calculator and more.
On our Platform, we have information about leading brands :
- In Tyres like MRF, Ceat, Apollo etc.
- In Tractor Finance like Mahindra Finance, TVS Finance, Etc.
- In Tractor Implements like Shaktiman, Fieldking, Landforce, Khedut, etc.
- In Tractor Insurance like Mahindra Finance, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, etc.
TractorGyan is Helping India mechanise by delivering crucial information about tractor buying and guiding farmers at every step so that they get a tractor or farm equipment that empowers and equips them to produce quality yield.
Top 7 Coffee Producing States in India | TractorGyan
India ranks among the top 10 largest coffee-producing countries in the world. Indian coffee is considered one of the finest coffee in the world due to...
Understand the Differences between Sharecropping and Tenant Farming
Tenant farming is an agricultural production system in which landowners leased out their land to others, who don't have their lands; either on rent or...
What is Sericulture? Process, Importance & Benefits of Sericulture
Sericulture or silk farming in India is the process of cultivating silkworms & obtaining silk from them. Sericulture is a very important agro-based ru...
|Top 10 Tractor brands in india||To 10 Agro Based Indutries in India|
|Rabi Crops and Zaid Crops seasons in India||Commercial Farming|
|DBT agriculture||Traditional and Modern Farming|
|Top 9 mileage tractor in India||Top 5 tractor tyres brands|
|Top 11 agriculture states in India||top 13 powerful tractors in india|
|Tractor Subsidy in India||Top 10 tractors under 5 Lakhs|
|Top 12 agriculture tools in India||40 Hp-50 Hp Tractors in India|
Escorts Kubota Limited Sells 10,861 Tractors in September 2023, Despite 11.2% YoY Decline
Faridabad, October 3rd, 2023: Escorts Kubota Limited Agri Machinery Business Division in September 2...
एस्कॉर्ट्स कुबोटा लिमिटेड की सितम्बर'23 में ट्रैक्टर सेल्स में 11.2% की गिरावट, 10,861 ट्रैक्टर बेचे
एस्कॉर्ट्स्स कुबोटा लिमिटेड एग्री मशीनरी बिजनेस डिवीजन ने हाल ही में सितम्बर 2023 में हुई कुल ट्रैक्...
Best 55 HP Tractor in India: Solis 5515 E 4WD with Optimal Mileage, Performance & Power
Solis Yanmar is not an ordinary tractor manufacturer in India. It's the first choice of India...