12 Jan, 2023
The Indian tractor industry has always been prone to changes and unseen fluctuations. And with the new Emission norms out, it is only evident that one should expect a drastic change in tractor Horsepower wise mix.
The ICRA has released tractor emission new norms, emmision norms are rules set up by the Indian government to regulate the pollutant varients emitted by tractors to ensure clean optimum health of the environment.
ICRA released new emission norms for Indian tractors in the last month of December 2022, initially, these norms were supposed to be regulated in the year 2020 but just like the pandemic has affected every aspect of the world, the Indian Agriculture sector was no exception. Let’s look at the highlights as to what these emission norms are and what to expect from them.
1. Application: Initially ICRA intended to regulate new emission norms in the year 2020 but it got delayed thanks to the pandemic. The newly revised emission norms standards are meant to be brought into action in the first month of 2023, in January. The emission standards will affect the cost of tractors in the >50 HP category by 10-15%.
2. World: India has until now lagged in the area of emission norms in developed markets which can be seen from the fact that the norms were supposed to be regulated in October 2020, the transition was interrupted multiple times, with the government delaying the process due to the pandemic.
3. Indian Tractor: India has always been an average to high Horsepower tractor market, with 80% of the sales coming from 30-50 HP categories, although the revised emissions norms which are about to be applicable in January 2023 would be regulated only on >50 HP tractors impacting 7-8% of the overall industry volumes.
4. Client: Technology advancement is already through the roof, and the tractor manufacturing technology is no other, the latest models of tractors currently in transit by OEMs are made by following the current emission norms, so the firms won’t have to face massive change in pricing but it is the client base that has to go through the price hike and bare the costs being a price sensitive farming community.
5. New Products: The OEMs have started the process of rearranging their products as per the revised emission norms of the current stage, Bharat TREM IV which is to be regulated from 2023 January. These changes are to be made on >50HP tractors with tractors offering higher torque at lower HP tractors as an addition to the portfolio, which would make room for an HP-mix shift with respect to lower horsepower tractors (41-50HP) earning because of the >50 HP segment.
In conclusion, it is only safe to say that the revised emission norms are likely to affect the cost of >50 hp range tractors with a hike of a good 10-15% and gradually affect the farmers.
These norms are also likely to make a shift in the HP-wise tractor mix >50 HP tractor segment (8% sales in the financial year 2022) expected to shrink.
Tractor Gyan is an expert-led platform that aims to empower Indian farmers by providing accurate and timely information, and technological advancement about tractors and farm equipment in India.
TractorGyan helps farmers with New Tractor information, Compare Tractors, Tractor prices, Buying and selling of second-hand tractors, Tractor Insurance, Tractor Finance, Tractor tyre, Tractor Implements, Tractor EMI calculator and more.
On our Platform, we have information about leading brands :
- In Tyres like MRF, Ceat, Apollo etc.
- In Tractor Finance like Mahindra Finance, TVS Finance, Etc.
- In Tractor Insurance like Mahindra Finance, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, etc.
TractorGyan is Helping India mechanise by delivering crucial information about tractor buying and guiding farmers at every step so that they get a tractor or farm equipment that empowers and equips them to produce quality yield.
Transition to new emission norms to lead to a rejig in tractors HP-wise mix: ICRA - Tractorgyan
As per channel check, the new emission norms will result in10-15% cost increase for >50 HP segment which the OEMs will only gradually pass on to the c...
एक तारिक से बंद हो गए ट्रैक्टरों के रजिस्ट्रेशन बीएस4 के नए नियम लागू : आईसीआरए
चैनल द्वारा जांच किए जाने पर एक नया मानदंड बनाया गया, जिसके फलस्वरूप, 50 एचपी के सेगमेंट के लिए 10 से 15% लागत में वृद्धि होगी, इस सेगमेंट की लागत को ...
लो अब आ गया है गोबर से चलने वाला ट्रैक्टर | ट्रैक्टरज्ञान
ब्रिटिश कंपनी ने एक ऐसा ट्रैक्टर बनाया है जो गाय के गोबर से चलता है। यह कृषि जगत में एक गेम चेंजर के रूप में साबित हो सकता है। बेनमैन के सह-संस्थापक क...
|Top 10 Tractor brands in india||To 10 Agro Based Indutries in India|
|Rabi Crops and Zaid Crops seasons in India||Commercial Farming|
|DBT agriculture||Traditional and Modern Farming|
|Top 9 mileage tractor in India||Top 5 tractor tyres brands|
|Top 11 agriculture states in India||top 13 powerful tractors in india|
|Tractor Subsidy in India||Top 10 tractors under 5 Lakhs|
|Top 12 agriculture tools in India||40 Hp-50 Hp Tractors in India|
Escorts Kubota Limited Sells 10,861 Tractors in September 2023, Despite 11.2% YoY Decline
Faridabad, October 3rd, 2023: Escorts Kubota Limited Agri Machinery Business Division in September 2...
एस्कॉर्ट्स कुबोटा लिमिटेड की सितम्बर'23 में ट्रैक्टर सेल्स में 11.2% की गिरावट, 10,861 ट्रैक्टर बेचे
एस्कॉर्ट्स्स कुबोटा लिमिटेड एग्री मशीनरी बिजनेस डिवीजन ने हाल ही में सितम्बर 2023 में हुई कुल ट्रैक्...
Best 55 HP Tractor in India: Solis 5515 E 4WD with Optimal Mileage, Performance & Power
Solis Yanmar is not an ordinary tractor manufacturer in India. It's the first choice of India...