10 Jul, 2023
Farming is more than an occupation. It’s a way to empower the economy of a nation and provide food for its population. Farmers are rightly called the ‘ Spine of a Nation’ as the nation's food supply relies on the toil of farmers and their efforts.
When farmers have such a huge responsibility on their shoulders and farming in India is done at a large scale, it’s foolish to expect that farming is a manual job and doesn't need the intervention of agricultural machinery.
Modern-day farming is the combination of the manual efforts of farmers and advancements in agricultural equipment and agricultural machinery. Based on the activities, farmers have multiple pieces of farm machinery for their support.
From seed sowing to threshing, there is a farm machinery ready to act like a helping hand for farmers. However, farmers have to make the right choice about the farm machinery they’re planning to use. In today’s blog, we present to you a crisp rundown of the top 10 farm machinery in India that farmers need for sure. We will talk about their use cases and how they make the life of a farmer easier than before.
Agricultural machinery has proven to create a crucial yet impactful impact over the years on the efficiency of good food production. Through regional producers, dealers, and online agricultural machinery marketplaces, farmers today have access to nearly all sorts of agricultural equipment.
But, why should farmers use farm machinery? If this is the question haunting you right now then you need to know that:
Farming is a very labor-intensive task and as the demand for food and crops is increasing, manual farming is no longer viable. Farm machinery like seeders, harvesters, and many more integrate automation into farming and help farmers to be more productive with the least possible effort and time.
With the help of agricultural machinery, farmers carry out tasks more efficiently and quickly. These farm machinery can cover larger areas of land in less time, leading to increased productivity and higher yields.
The right kind of farm machinery helps farmers to reduce their physical strain as they accomplish tasks that would otherwise require significant manual labor.
Modern-day farm machinery is backed with cutting-edge technologies like GPS, sensors, and computerized systems. The use of this farm machinery means more precision and accuracy in agricultural activities which further leads to better outcomes.
For instance, with the help of seeding machines, farmers will be able to keep accurate space between the seeds that promote optimal plant growth with the help of these agricultural machinery.
With the support of farm machinery, farmers can scale up their operations and manage larger areas of land. Those who’re involved in commercial farming will highly benefit from these agricultural machinery as conducting and managing operations at a large scale is possible. whereas increased scale leads to economies of scale and enhanced profitability.
As you’re now fully aware of the importance of agricultural machinery for farmers, it’s time to get familiar with the top 10 machinery that are an integral part of every farmer’s life.
A plough is one of the most important farm machinery for farmers that helps them prepare the land on which farmers will sow the seed. This agricultural machinery is used to turn over the top layer of soil, bringing new nutrients to the surface.
Other than soil preparation, the plough is useful for weed control on farming land as it helps farmers to uproot weeds and unwanted growth. This farm equipment is a great resource for farmers as they can create a well-tilled seedbed with loose soil. Farming on such soil brings more outcomes as seeds will be sown at the proper depth for optimal germination and establishment.
Advantages of Plough
- Plough facilitates soil aeration and soil loosening.
- Proper ploughing allows the roots to grow deeper into the soil, which helps the plant to remain stable. The soil's ability to hold water is also enhanced by ploughs.
- As plough enables the incorporation of organic matter, crop residues, or fertilizers into the soil, soil fertility improves.
Some Best Plough Models In India
Farmers expecting to have a flourishing yield must use cultivators. This is important farm machinery in India because it helps farmers to mix the soil around the crop without harming it.
As the soil is mixed with nutrients and the weed is removed, optimal growth is guaranteed. Farmers generally used it before planting the seeds. The use of cultivators in farming started around the 19th century. Earlier, it was a manual machine. However, now we get to see some advanced versions of this tool.
Advantages of Cultivator
- As this farm machinery helps farmers to improve the soil structure, the soil will have more air and water circulation.
- It promotes root development because soils will have better nutrient access.
- Farmers can use it to uproot weeds and unwanted growth.
Some Best Cultivator Models In India
Our next pick in this list of ‘top 10 farm machinery in India’ is a baler that is mainly used to compress hay and straws and convert them into manageable bales. Storage and transportation of hay or straw are difficult as they occupy a lot of space.
But, baler makes the job easy as you can compress them. Compact bales are easier to handle, transport, store, and feed to livestock.
Advantages of Balers
- The baler collects and compacts the crop material into uniform bales, reducing the time and labor required for manual handling and bundling.
- As one can build small and compact bales, transportation becomes easy. Also, the storage of bales is easy because of the uniform shape and size of the bales. You can stack them even in less space.
Some Famous Models of Balers In India
Looking for a hassle-free way to supply pesticides, nutrients, and other liquid components to the crop? Try sprayer. This is an agricultural machinery designed to apply liquid solutions, such as pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, or other crop protection products, onto crops or plants. There are multiple types of sprayers including fogger sprayers, air-carrier sprayers, hand-operated sprayers, low-pressure sprayers, and high-pressure sprayers
Each sprayer has different mechanisms and farmers can choose any of these according to their needs.
Advantages of Sprayers
- Sprayers promote the precise and targeted application of crop protection products.
- As the targeted application is possible, they help with effective disease management.
- Compared to manual application methods, sprayers are a great way to save time and effort in liquid application.
- Sprayers come with calibration and settings allowing farmers to control the liquid flow. They can reduce wastage.
Some Famous Models of Sprayers In India
To ease the job of seedbed preparation easier than before, farmers must use a rotavator as this tractor-mounted farm machinery that helps in cutting, pulverizing, and leveling the soil. It is also known as a rotary tiller. Structure-wise, the rotavator features a series of blades that are useful in mixing and crushing the soil as they move. Also, they facilitate weed removal and breaking up large soil clods.
As compared to manual efforts that are invested in seedbed preparation, rotavators can help farmers to save up to 30 to 35% of their efforts. The rotavator is typically mounted on a tractor's 3-point linkage system, utilizing the power of the tractor's PTO (power take-off) to drive the tilling unit. Multiple models and variations of this machinery exist. Farmers can pick according to their needs and requirements.
Advantages of Rotavator
- It minimizes labor-intensive tasks by efficiently preparing the soil and providing optimal nutrient distribution for plants.
- As these machines feature powerful engines and gearboxes, they are great to operate in large areas within a limited time frame.
- By doing weed control, they promote optimal crop growth.
- As nutrients are reached to the roots of the crop, better yield is expected.
Some Popular Models of Rotavator in India
Soil cultivation is a key aspect of farming and the entire process continues as long as farming continues. To ease this job, farmers can purchase power tillers as these engine-powered implements help farmers in ploughing, harrowing, tilling, leveling, weeding, and seedbed preparations. They feature rotating blades or tines to break the soil easily.
Advantages of Power Tillers
- As they can cover a large area in less time, power tillers help farmers to save time and reduce labor in soil cultivation. TEase of Operation: Power tillers are designed for ease of use, making them accessible to farmers with
- Power tillers help farmers to break up compacted soil, improve aeration, and enhance water infiltration.
- They can assist farmers in land levelling tasks, ensuring even terrain and proper water drainage.
- They help disrupt weed growth and can be used in both pre-and post-emergence weed control strategies.
Some Famous Models of Power Tillers in India
A harrow is a tool used to cultivate the soil's surface. It is utilized for deeper cultivation and impacts the plough differently. It is frequently used to conduct ploughing operations on fields. A good soil structure that is suited for seeding and planting activities, gives a finer finish.
Advantages of Harrow
- It helps farmers in preparing well-tilled seedbeds.
- It promotes soil-to-soil contact.
- By disrupting weed growth, they reduce competition for nutrients, water, and sunlight, contributing to better crop performance.
Some Famous Harrow Models in India
A backhoe loader is also known as a backhoe. It is a strong and adaptable piece of farming machinery used in a variety of industries, including agriculture, building, and landscaping. It combines the functions of a loader at the front and a backhoe at the back. It features a tractor-like unit integrated with a backhoe machine in the rear and a bucket loader in the front.
It is extensively used to carry out excavation and earthmoving activities. Its dual purpose makes it a highly demanding farming machinery in India.
Advantages of Backhoe Loader
- One machine helps in multiple operations like loading, excavating, trenching, backfilling, demolishing, grading, and material handling.
- Backhoe loaders are smaller than certain excavators or loaders. So, they are easy to handle.
- As it combines the function of a loader and backhoes, it saves cost.
Some Famous Backhoe Loaders
The combine harvester is a very well-liked piece of farm equipment created for the effective gathering of massive amounts of grain. A row of grass can be chopped more than 40 feet wide if you want to purchase a new combine harvester. The three main harvesting processes of reaping, threshing, and winnowing are combined in tractor combination harvesting.
Harvesters with tractor-mounted combine harvesters can complete more tasks more effectively. It provides farmers with a more profitable, more productive farm. It can be used in a variety of locations, including fields and both dry and wet places.
Advantages of Combine Harvester
- They can cover large areas of farmland and process substantial amounts of crops in a relatively short time, increasing overall productivity.
- The machinery allows farmers to harvest their crops quickly and minimizes potential yield losses.
- As they can handle crops gently, damage to the grains can be minimized up to a great extent.
- With its help, farmers can distribute straw or chaff evenly across the field, which helps improve soil health, retain moisture, and reduce soil erosion.
Some Famous Combine Harvesters Models In India
Lastly, we would suggest farmers own a potato planter farm machinery as it is used to plant potato tubers in the ground. This is a fully automated machine saving a huge deal of time and effort.
Using the machine, farmers can easily create furrows in the ground for potato cultivation.
Advantages of Potato Planter
- As advanced potato planters can be integrated with GPS technology, they promote accurate farming.
- With automated operations, they make large-scale commercial potato farming possible.
- They help farmers to save time and cultivate more crops in less time.
Some Famous Models of Potato Planters In India
Before choosing the perfect or ideal farm machinery for your farming activities consider the following points before buying agricultural machinery.
The ease of purchasing spare parts is one of the most crucial factors to take into account when purchasing farm equipment or agricultural gear.
Never rely on a machine's appearance alone. Purchase a farming machine from a reputable manufacturer, such as Farmtrac, Fieldking, Sonalika, or Mahindra. Look for the most recent models with the best features that satisfy your needs.
To make sure that the whole cost does not exceed the farm machinery's resale value, take into account all expenditures, including running, ownership, machinery, and labour.
The farm machinery you wish to buy shouldn't require a lot of labour or energy to operate. Consider a farm machine's versatility and endurance when selecting the one that can operate long hours. Other factors include the farm machine's original cost, predictable service years, and others.
Agricultural Equipment should be chosen that is heavier or lighter depending on the type of soil. Farm equipment with a higher earth clearance and low weight is advised for farms with light soil.
You need to know about the farm machinery you’re going to get beforehand so that you know what tool you’re going to use and what benefits it will bring. If you’re not aware of the use cases and advantages of farm machinery, you won’t be able to make the most of it.
This is why we recommend you refer to Tractor Gyan, a platform offering the latest information about agriculture and its related equipment. Here, you will find verified information about the leading farming machinery and even the listing of the best models.
All this information will help you make a wise choice. So, don’t forget to check out Tractor Gyan for farming-related information.
The right kind of farm machinery empowers a farmer beyond one’s imagination. But, farmers need to know these types of farm machinery and leading models of theirs to make a wise choice. Tractor Gyan brings the latest information about leading farm machinery and will help you own the best machinery.
Tractor Gyan is an expert-led platform that aims to empower Indian farmers by providing accurate and timely information, and technological advancement about tractors and farm equipment in India.
TractorGyan helps farmers with New Tractor information, Compare Tractors, Tractor prices, Buying and selling of second-hand tractors, Tractor Insurance, Tractor Finance, Tractor tyre, Tractor Implements, Tractor EMI calculator and more.
On our Platform, we have information about leading brands :
- In Tyres like MRF, Ceat, Apollo etc.
- In Tractor Finance like Mahindra Finance, TVS Finance, Etc.
- In Tractor Insurance like Mahindra Finance, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, etc.
TractorGyan is Helping India mechanise by delivering crucial information about tractor buying and guiding farmers at every step so that they get a tractor or farm equipment that empowers and equips them to produce quality yield.
ट्रैक्टर के विभिन्न प्रकार और कृषि एवं उद्योगों में उनकी उपयोगिता
ट्रैक्टर कई प्रकार के होते हैं, विभिन्न क्षेत्रों में विभिन्न तरह के ट्रैक्टर इस्तेमाल किए जाते हैं। अगर आप एक किसान है और एक सही ट्रैक्टर को खरीदने क...
Top 10 Second-Hand Tractors Under 3 Lakhs in India
Find the perfect second-hand tractor within your budget. This is why we studied the market in detail and prepared a Top 10 list of second-hand tractor...
Top 10 Profitable Summer Vegetables for Indian Farmers
The top 10 summer vegetables that are both profitable and ideal for Indian farmers. In this guide, you will learn about summer season vegetables in In...
|Top 10 Tractor brands in india||To 10 Agro Based Indutries in India|
|Rabi Crops and Zaid Crops seasons in India||Commercial Farming|
|DBT agriculture||Traditional and Modern Farming|
|Top 9 mileage tractor in India||Top 5 tractor tyres brands|
|Top 11 agriculture states in India||top 13 powerful tractors in india|
|Tractor Subsidy in India||Top 10 tractors under 5 Lakhs|
|Top 12 agriculture tools in India||40 Hp-50 Hp Tractors in India|
Sonalika Tractor Sales in November 2023 - Achieved Remarkable 16.3% Market Share and 23% Sales Growth
In a post on Linkedin Joint Managing Director of International Tractors limited (Sonalika &...
सोनालीका ट्रैक्टर सेल्स ने नवम्बर 2023 में दर्ज की रिकॉर्ड तोड़ 23% की वृद्धि और 16.3% बाजार हिस्सेदारी।
अपने लिंक्डइन अकाउंट के जरिए इंटरनेशनल ट्रैक्टर्स लिमिटेड (सोनालीका और सोलिस) के संयु...
Escorts Kubota Limited November 2023 Tractor Sales Reports 3.7% Growth, Sold 8,258 Tractors
Faridabad, December 1st, 2023: Escorts Kubota Limited Agri Machinery Business Division in Novem...