Microgreens farming: The new farming trend
31 Jul, 2020
Images of tiny plants in a tray are going viral all over the internet. But if you are wondering, What are they? And Why are people getting so obsessed with it? And how can you do the same?
Then, here is all the information about this new farming trend i.e.Microgreens farming. Basically, it is just a modern way of growing nutritious and healthy plants through simple effective practice.
So, What are Microgreens?
Microgreens are used to refer to those tiny plants which are harvested and eaten in their seedling stage. Vegetables, legumes and edible leaves come under them.
Why are people getting so obsessed with microgreens farming?
First of all the best thing about microgreens farming is that it lets you earn a great amount of money with much less investment. But there are also some other benefits as-
● The plants take only 2-3 weeks to turn into seedlings from seeds. So one doesn't need to wait for long for the end results.
● You don't need large space to do microgreens farming as you can grow a variety of plants even in a small space. So space is no longer the constraint.
● The shift to a healthy lifestyle has increased the demand for microgreens as they are full of nutrients than the full-grown plant.
● The requirements for microgreens farming are less than other farming methods.
● And you have options of plants which you can grow all year so it gives you earning all time.
Want to Sell old Tractor, Click Below:
Sell Old Tractor
What are the requirements for microgreens farming?
For the simplest setup of microgreens farming, you only need a tray to grow, seeds to plant, paper towel to cover, water and sunlight for the plant growth. The requirements are different if you are planning for a large scale farming.
How to grow microgreens?
● Firstly, take a piece of paper towel and spread it in a tray.
● Then add a layer of soil to the tray. Spread the seeds in a tray and press them with gentle pressure.
● After that add, you can add a small quantity of vermicompost for better results.
● Spray water on the seeds properly. You have to check the moisture daily and water it according to the need.
● Keep the tray in a warm place and cut the plants once they reach a height of 3 inches.
What plants can be grown in microgreens farming?
Basil,broccoli,cabbage,spinach,parsley,kale,beets are people's favourite in microgreen plants.But these are not the only options you have, you can go for other plants also.
You can choose microgreens farming for commercial purposes and even if you have a passion for gardening or if you want to grow healthy food at home. Whatever may be your reason to choose microgreens farming but believe us you will be very happy with the end results.
ड्रिप इरिगेशन है आज की जरूरत - जाने इसके फायदे और प्रकार
सामान्य सिंचाई के तरीकों की अपेक्षा ड्रिप इरिगेशन प्रणाली ज्यादा असरदार साबित हुई है । इस प्रणाली में पूरे क्षेत्र की सतह के बजाय केवल पौधों की रूट जो...
Great Tips to Increase Your Tractor's Engine Life
The engine is the heart of a tractor so long life of your engine can give a long life to your tractor. A good maintenance schedule and your proper att...
Role Of Cow in Agriculture
Cows are an integral part of Indians life. The major portion of our working population is engaged in farming and therefore there is no farm Product th...
|Top 10 Tractor brands in india||To 10 Agro Based Indutries in India|
|Rabi Crops and Zaid Crops seasons in India||Commercial Farming|
|DBT agriculture||Traditional and Modern Farming|
|Top 9 mileage tractor in India||Top 5 tractor tyres brands|
|Top 11 agriculture states in India||top 13 powerful tractors in india|
|Tractor Subsidy in India||Top 10 tractors under 5 Lakhs|
|Top 12 agriculture tools in India||40 Hp-50 Hp Tractors in India|
FADA Tractor Sales November 2023 - Retail Tractor Sales is 61969, Down by 21.28% YoY
The Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) has released its retail tractor sales data...
फाडा ट्रैक्टर बिक्री नवम्बर 2023 में 21.28% की गिरावट
फाड़ा ने हाल ही में नवम्बर 2023 की रिटेल ट्रैक्टर बिक्री रिपोर्ट (FADA Tractor Sales November 2023)&n...
Mahindra OJA Unveils 7 Revolutionary Lightweight 4WD Tractors
Built Tough in India, for India & the World • A paradigm shift in tractor design a...